Applications for the University of Sussex, United Kingdom Chancellors International Postgraduate Scholarships has commenced. Twenty-Five (25) scholarships are available and will be awarded on the basis of academic performance.
Scholarship Value: Students awarded the scholarship would be able to study in the University of Sussex, United Kingdom on a 50% reduction in tuition.
Application Deadline: The deadline is 1st May 2020
Scholarship Type: Masters
Field(s) of study:
Taught full time Masters programmes offered at University of Sussex Schools EXCEPT the following:
- • Postgraduate diplomas (including CPE Common Professional Examination)
- • Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
- • Development Studies MA
- • Early Years in Education MA
- • Globalisation, Business and Development MA
- • Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- • Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- • Poverty and Development MA
- • Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a NHS bursary)
- • PGCE courses
- • Schools direct teaching courses
- • Any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible)
- • Any Masters at Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- have accepted a place on a full time eligible Masters, commencing at the University of Sussex in September 2020.
- have excellent grades (UK first class or equivalent)
- have clear and specific goals with defined links to your course.
Applicants currently on other University of Sussex scholarships, including the SYLFF Fellowship, are not eligible for the University of Sussex scholarships Chancellor’s International Scholarship.
How To Apply
Applicants must first apply for admission to study a postgraduate Taught programme at the University of Sussex through the University of Sussex online Masters application system, before applying for this scholarship.
After applying for admission into a postgraduate course of your choice, you can proceed to apply for the scholarship using the application form.
To apply for the scholarship, you are required to provide a statement of academic interests. You should include information about:
- your drive and ambitions
- your potential for positive impact when you return to your home country
- any relevant work experience, skills or extra-curricular activity that relate to your ambitions and/or chosen course
To be considered, you will need to demonstrate excellent grades in your most recent qualification (i.e. a first-class degree if you are studying in the UK). You do not need to have completed your qualification, however, as we can make conditional scholarship offers.
After submission, confirmation of submission will be sent automatically. However, If you do not receive this, please ensure that you check your junk/deletion folder for this notification as it may be sent directly to these folders depending on your email security settings.
The deadline for this scholarship is 1st May 2020 23:59:00 BST. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.