Application Deadline: June 15th 2020
The Goi Peace Foundation/UNESCO International Essay Contest is
organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s
youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims
to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of
us can make a difference in the world.
“A Letter from Myself in 2030”
Imagine what an ideal world ten years from now would be like. Write a letter from
yourself in 2030 to your present (2020) self, in which you describe the state of the world, the way people are living, and what you,
yourself, are doing in society. In addition, include any important message that you might wish to tell your present self.
Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2020) in one of the following age categories: a) Children
(ages up to 14) b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding
essay title and cover page. Essays may be typed or printed.
Entries may be submitted online or by postal mail.
* IMPORTANT: To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page and follow the required steps.*
Since the online registration page is expected to experience high traffic towards the June 15 deadline, we suggest that you
submit your essay as early as possible.
Entries submitted by postal mail must include a cover page indicating
(1) your name (2) category (Children or Youth) (3) age as of June 15, 2020 (4) gender
(5) nationality (6) address (7) e-mail (8) phone number (9) school name (if applicable)
(10) your essay title (11) language (12) word count.
Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group.
Please enclose a list of participants’ names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
* Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
* Only one entry per person is accepted.
*A cover page template is available to download. You may also create your own cover page with all items (1)-(12) above.
* We are unable to confirm receipt of essays.
5. Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
6. Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
7. Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
8. If you have questions, please consult the FAQ section below.
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of Feb. 2020) … 1 entrant
2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of Feb. 2020) and gift … 2 entrants
3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrants
Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift … 25 entrants
* 1st prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan in November 2020 and will receive the Minister of
Education Award. (Travel expenses will be covered by the organizer.)
* Additional awards (Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
* All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2020 (Japan time) on this website. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2020.
* We are unable to answer individual inquiries concerning contest results.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application is online and free
All Interested Candidate Should Start Application By Using The Link Boxx Blow: